| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet March 15-16, 2007
||Released: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 5:00 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet March 15-16, 2007, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in the Mazama meeting room. The Executive Committee will meet from 7:00-7:45 a.m. on Thursday morning, March 15th. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, March 15th , at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, a facilitated discussion on Board Mission/Vision/Goals development, Program Approval Issues and Licensure Issues.
On Friday, March 16th, the meeting will reconvene at 8:30 a.m. to continue with Licensure Issues, if time did not permit full consideration of committee agenda from Thursday, and Commission Business. Immediately following, the full Commission will meet in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases from approximately 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.. The Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
• Facilitated discussion of Board Mission / Vision / Goals
• Corban College Site Visit
• Marylhurst University Initial I Teaching License
• Southern Oregon University Undergraduate Initial I Teaching License
• University of Portland Initial Administrator License and Continuing Administrator License Programs
• University of Oregon Initial Administrator License and Continuing Administrator License Programs
• George Fox University Initial Administrator License and Continuing Administrator License Programs
• Concordia University Initial Administrator License and Continuing Administrator License Programs
• ETS New Tests for Implementation September 2007
• Assignment Issues on Elementary and Middle-Level Authorizations
• Issues Related to Eliminating the Transitional Teaching License
• School Psychology Standards and School Psychology Licensure
• First Aid Card Implementation
• Teaching Authorization Levels Rule Amendments
• Emergency Administrator License Rule Change
• Conditional Assignment Permit Amendments
• Review of TSPC's New On-line Licensure Handbook
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Services Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Portland International Airport
Traveling on Interstate 205 South to Interstate 5. Continue on Interstate 5 to exit #256 and make a right at the bottom of the exit. Turn west on Market Street and Red Lion in located on the right side, approximately 1 block.
From Interstate 5
Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem OR 97301
| ||Archived: March 17, 2007 [MH:287-1]|| |