| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet November 1-2, 2007
||Released: Monday, October 22, 2007 at 5:00 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet November 1-2, 2007, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in the Mazama meeting room. The Executive Committee will meet from 7:00-9:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening, October 31st. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, November 1st, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Program Approval Issues, Licensure Issues and Commission Business.
On Friday, November 2nd, the meeting will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. with a presentation from Keizer Police Detective Vaugh Edsall on DHS Mandatory Reporting Requirements; a Snapshot of Child Abuse; and the Liberty House Assessment Center. FBI Victim Specialist P. Caroline Holmes and Senior Special Agent Jim Cole will cover defining the issue; the dynamics of child sexual exploitation; implications for victims and recommendation for action. Immediately following, the full Commission will meet in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases at approximately 11:00 a.m.. The Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
• Office of Degree Authorization Regarding Out-of-State Licensure Programs:
• Corban College Continuing Teaching License Proposal:
• Division 17 Rule Review:
• Report on C-2 Fast-Track Audits:
• Annual Reports:
• Middle-Level Authorization Update:
• Adoption of Administrative Rules from October Hearing:
• ESOL Endorsement and Requiring a Program Report on Progress:
• Agency Mission, Vision, and Goals:
• Continuing Professional Development - Ongoing:
• Proposed ODE / TSPC Forum:
• Election of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and Executive Committee:
• Referral of Administrative Rules to Future Hearing:
• Keizer Police Detective presentation on Child Abuse Reporting Info:
• FBI Victim Specialist and Senior Special Agent presentation on Defining the Issue and the Dynamics of Child Sexual Exploitation
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free e-mail notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also visit the agenda and materials from past meetings at our site.
DIRECTIONS TO RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5:
Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem OR 97301
| ||Archived: November 3, 2007 [MH:302-1]|| |