| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet February 7-8, 2008
||Released: Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 5:00 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet February 7-8, 2008, at the University of Phoenix-Salem, 670 Hawthorne Avenue SE, Salem OR in Rooms 103 and 104. If needed, the Executive Committee will meet from 7:00-9:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening, February 6th. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, February 7th, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Program Approval Issues, Licensure Issues, Commission Business and Administrative Rule Adoptions.
On Friday, February 8th, the Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases. Immediately following, the Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
• Southern Oregon University's Continuing Administrator License Proposal
• Warner Pacific College Master of Arts in Teaching License Proposal
• Northwest Christian College - Major Modification
• Eastern Oregon University - Middle Level Physics Program Approval
• New PA-1 (Student teaching) Fingerprints Process
• School Counselors and School Psychologists - Whether Program Modification Needed after Standard Amendments
• Update on Test Adoption Process
• Technology Skills as a Requirement for Teacher Licensure
• Temporary Rule Amendments to OAR 584-017-0185
• Update on ESOL Endorsement and Requiring a Program
• Registration of Charter School Administrators
• February 2008 Legislative Issues
• Update on Continuing Professional Development
• Update on Proposed ODE / TSPC Forum
• Initial Review of Proposed Legislative Concepts for 2009
• Summary of Title II Monitoring Visit
• Adoption of Program Approval and Licensure Rules from January Public Hearing
The Agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free e-mail notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also visit the agenda and materials from past meetings at our web site.
DIRECTIONS TO UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX - SALEM
From Interstate 5 take Exit 253 (Santiam/Detroit) and turn west on Mission Hwy, SR22. Travel 1/4 mile to Hawthorne, and then turn right by Costco. Drive past Costco entrance, Holiday Express and over the bridge. Turn right after the first red brick building (University of Phoenix) on the right hand side. University of Phoenix's ample parking lot is the first entry to your right.
University of Phoenix-Salem
Rooms 103 and 104
670 Hawthorne Avenue SE
Salem OR 97301
| ||Archived: February 10, 2008 [MH:311-1]|| |