| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet August 6 - 8, 2008
||Released: Friday, August 1, 2008 at 5:00 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet August 6-8, 2008, at The Inn at Otter Crest, 301 Otter Crest Drive, Otter Rock, OR 97369 in the Anchor/Chart Rooms. The Executive Committee will meet from 7:15-9:00 p.m. on Tuesday evening, August 5th, in the Board Room. The full Commission will convene on Wednesday, August 6th, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Commission Business and Licensure Issues.
On Thursday, August 7th, the Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. for professional development training on Program Approval followed by consideration of Program Approval Issues and Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports.
On Friday, August 8th, the Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases. Immediately following, the Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
• A Presentation on Charter Schools
• Meeting calendar for 2009-2010
• Approved Legislative Concepts
• Alternative Assessment Data
• Authorization Levels - Grade Assignments
• Review of Online Licensure Handbook
• School Psychologist Licenses
• ESOL Program Required for Endorsement
• Pacific University Site Visit Review
• University of Oregon Initial Teacher Preparation Program
• Elimination of General Science Content Knowledge Test Part 2
• Annual Reports
• Social Worker and School Counselors
• Testing Update
• Conflict of Interest - Cooperating Teachers Taking a Stipend
• Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free e-mail notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also visit the agenda and materials from past meetings at our site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE INN AT OTTER CREST
From Hwy 101 & Newport:
• At Newport, turn right onto US-101 North
• Go North for approximately 8 miles
• Turn left at the Otter Crest Loop Exit and proceed to the resort.
From Hwy 101 & Lincoln City:
• At Lincoln City, turn left onto US 101 South
• Go South for approximately 10 miles
• Turn right at the Otter Crest Loop Exit and proceed to the resort
| ||Archived: August 9, 2008 [MH:335-1]|| |