| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet October 23-24, 2008
||Released: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 5:00 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet October 23-24, 2008, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in the Jefferson III rooms. The Executive Committee will meet from 7:00-9:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening, October 22nd. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, October 23rd, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Program Approval Issues, Licensure Issues, Discipline Issues, Commission Business, and Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports.
On Friday, October 23rd, the full Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases. Immediately following, the full Commission will then convene in public session for consideration of discipline issues. At approximately 2:00 p.m., the Commission will hold an Executive Session (non-public) to review and evaluate the employment-related performance of the Executive Director.
Business will include:
• Marylhurst University's ESOL Program Approval
• Report on ORELA Test Implementation
• University of Phoenix Administrator Preparation Program
• Reauthorization of Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
• ETS New Tests for Implementation October 2008
• Speech-Language Pathology Licensure Issues
• Alternative Assessment Pilot Program
• Highly Qualified "Core Academic Subjects"
• Proposed Changes to Various Administrative Rules
• Update on Diploma Requirements - ODE
• Social Worker Licensure Hearings and Meetings
• Legislative Concepts for 2009
• ODE/TSPC Forum on Teacher Preparation Report
• Election of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and Executive Committee for 2009
• Referral of Licensure and Discipline Rules to Hearing
• Adoption of Licensure and Discipline Rules from September Hearing
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free e-mail notification of future meetings by creating your own agenda>Online Service Account. You may also visit the agenda and materials from past meetings at our site.
DIRECTIONS TO RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5:
Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem OR 97301
| ||Archived: October 25, 2008 [MH:341-1]|| |