| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet February 12-13, 2009
||Released: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet February 12-13, 2009, at the University of Phoenix-Salem, 670 Hawthorne Avenue SE, Salem OR in Rooms 103 and 104. The Executive Committee will meet from 2:00-6:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening, February 11. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, February 12, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Program Approval Issues, Licensure Issues, Discipline Issues, Commission Business, and Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports.
On Friday, February 13, the full Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases. Immediately following, the Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
• Eastern Oregon University Program Modification
• Review of Framework for Division 17 Proposed Amendments
• NCATE Option to Delay Visits
• Implementation of Civil Rights, ESOL and Administrator Tests
• ESOL Programs - Required or Optional?
• Issues with ETS New Tests
• MAT / Post-Baccalaureate Program Completion Issues
• Online Educator Preparation Programs Program Completion Issues
• Oregon State University Program Modifications
• Cascade College
• Initial I Teaching License Implementation Issues (Since 2005)
• Fee Issues - Late Fees and 90 Day Rule
• Implications of Recency on Licensure Issuance
• ESOL Endorsement Requirements
• Issues with Out of State Teachers
• Legislative Update (Bills and Budget)
• Summary of Social Worker Licensure Meeting
• Business Systems Development Report / Streamlining Process
• OFATE Fund Distribution
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free e-mail notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also visit the agenda and materials from past meetings at our site.
DIRECTIONS TO UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX - SALEM
From Interstate 5 take Exit 253 (Santiam/Detroit) and turn west on Mission Hwy, SR22. Travel 1/4 mile to Hawthorne, and then turn right by Costco. Drive past Costco entrance, Holiday Express and over the bridge. Turn right after the first red brick building (University of Phoenix) on the right hand side. University of Phoenix's ample parking lot is the first entry to your right.
University of Phoenix-Salem
Rooms 103 and 104
670 Hawthorne Avenue SE
Salem OR 97301
| ||Archived: February 14, 2009 [MH:349-1]|| |