| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC meeting on May 13-14, 2010
||Released: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet May 13-14, 2010, at Northwest Christian University, School of Education & Counseling, 828 E. 11th Avenue, Eugene OR 97401 in the Banquet Room of the Burke-Griffeth Hall. The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 12, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Oregon Electric Station, 27 East 5th Avenue in Eugene. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, May 13, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Program Approval issues, Licensure issues, Professional Practices issues, commission business and administrative rule action.
On Friday, May 14, from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m., the full Commission will reconvene for a training session conducted by Nathan Goldberg on social media communication. Immediately following, consideration of disciplinary hearings and investigation reports will begin. At the conclusion of executive session, the Commission will meet in public session for adoption of disciplinary orders.
Business will include:
* Oregon State University Targeted Site Visit Results
* Willamette University Site Visit Review
* Willamette University - Major Modification
* Western Oregon University - Major Modification
* Portland State University Site Visit Report
* Social Worker Program Standards
* Division 017 Standards Update
* Report on Special Education (SPED) Program Approval Template
* Title II HEOA Report
* Continuing Administrator Renewal Proposed Amendments
* Out-of-State Teacher Testing
* Licensure Expiration Dates for Deployed Educators
* Career and Technical Education Teaching License Update
* Scope of Administrator Licenses
* Continuing Professional Development Report
* School Counselor Licensure "Practicum"
* Restricted Substitute License Report
* Report on Charter School Registry Audit
* NES Test Adoption Update
* NCATE 7-Year Cycle Proposal
* Training on Social Media Communication
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO NORTHWEST CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
Driving Directions from I-5 North or South
* Take exit 194-B
* Go west on I-105
* Take first exit, Eugene City Center southbound on Coburg Road
* Stay in far left lane going over Ferry Street Bridge
* Merge left with road onto Franklin Boulevard at end of bridge, then stay in right lane
* Go east on Franklin Boulevard half a mile, and turn right onto East 11th Avenue, just past the Phoenix Inn
* Turn right into Northwest Christian University parking lot
* Guests can park in the Main Parking Lot and will not need guest permits during this time.
Northwest Christian University
School of Education & Counseling
828 E. 11th Avenue
Eugene OR 97401-3737
| ||Archived: May 15, 2010 [MH:403-1]|| |