| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC meeting on November 4-5, 2010
||Released: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet November 4-5, 2010, at Holiday Inn Wilsonville, 25425 SW 95th Avenue, Wilsonville OR in the Redwood-Candlewood Rooms. The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday, November 3, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Wilsonville in the Lewis and Clark Room. The full Commission will convene on Thursday, November 4, at 8:00 a.m. to consider Preliminary Business, Licensure issues, Program Approval issues, Professional Practices issues, commission business and administrative rule action.
On Friday, November 5, from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m., the full Commission will reconvene for consideration of disciplinary hearings and investigation reports. At the conclusion of executive session, the Commission will meet in public session for adoption of disciplinary orders.
Business will include:
* Update on NES Tests
* Career and Technical Education Licenses
* Update on Civil Rights Tests
* Review of Implementation of License for Conditional Assignment
* Review of Scope of Mathematics License
* Review of School Counselor License
* Clarification of Adding Endorsements to Basic/Standard Teaching Licenses
* Scope of Administrator Licenses Meeting Report
* Update on Continuing Professional Development Rule Review
* Update on Speech Language Pathology (Communications Disorders) Licenses
* Northwest Christian University MED Proposal
* Concordia University Site Visit Report and Recommendation
* Warner Pacific College Site Visit Report and Recommendation
* Eastern Oregon University Agriculture Endorsement Addition
* Portland State University Special Education Approval
* Western Oregon University Special Education Approval
* Marylhurst University Drama Endorsement Addition
* School Social Worker Standards
* Endorsement Area Standards (Foreign Language and Language Arts)
* Report on InTASC Standards Review
* Report on CCSSO State Consortium on Educator Effectiveness Meeting
* Election of Chairperson, Vice-chairperson, 2011 Executive Committee
* Meeting Calendar for 2011-2012
* Licensure and Program Approval Rule Proposals and Adoptions
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
From Portland International Airport:
* Follow signs to I-205
* Take I-205 SOUTH for approximately 24 miles (it terminates at Interstate-5)
* Take I-5 SOUTH for 1 1/2 miles to Exit 286 - North Wilsonville - The Holiday Inn is visible from the exit - turn right at the exit light, go west one block and turn left.
* The Holiday Inn entrance is the first driveway on the left.
Continue through the parking lot to the main hotel entrance under the carport.
From the South on Interstate 5:
* Take Exit 286 - North Wilsonville - and turn left. Go over the freeway and turn left at the second light. Bear to the left. The Holiday Inn entrance is the first driveway on the left. Continue through the parking lot to the main hotel entrance under the carport.
From the North on Interstate 5:
* Take Exit 286 - North Wilsonville - turn right. Immediately get into the left turn lane.
* Turn left at light. Bear to the left. The Holiday Inn entrance is the first driveway on the left. Continue through the parking lot to the main hotel entrance under the carport.
| ||Archived: November 6, 2010 [MH:432-1]|| |