| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet February 9-11, 2011
||Released: Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 5:11 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet February 9-11, 2011, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in the Jefferson III rooms. The meeting will convene at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 9th, for consideration of Preliminary Business and Program Approval issues. The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday evening, February 9, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. On Thursday, February 10, at 9:00 a.m., the full Commission will reconvene to continue consideration of Program Approval issues, if needed, and Licensure, Professional Practices, Commission Business and administrative rule proposals.
On Friday, February 11, the full Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases. Immediately following, the Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
* Concordia University Site Visit Follow-up
* University of Oregon Special Education Program Proposals
* University of Oregon Reading Specialist Program
* Grand Canyon University - Initial I Teaching License Program Proposal
* Warner Pacific College Site Visit Follow-up
* Lewis & Clark College Special Education Program Proposal
* Lewis & Clark College Request to Eliminate Certain Endorsements
* Portland State University Site Visit Follow-Up
* Division 017 Rules
* C-2 Fast-Track Audit Update
* History of Conditional Assignments and Small School Waivers
* Review of Implementation of License for Conditional Assignment
* Report on Teaching without a License
* Review of OAR 584-052-0027 Cases (Executive Director Waivers)
* Review of School Counselor License
* Review of NCLB Alternative Route License
* Proposed Changes to Administrator Licenses
* Update on October Meeting Concerning Continuing Professional Development Credits
* Oregon Autism Commission Report
* NES Test Adoption Update
* Report on NCATE Blue Ribbon Task Force
* Report on HB 3619 (last session)
* Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5, take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
| ||Archived: February 12, 2011 [MH:440-1]|| |