| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet May 12-13, 2011
||Released: Friday, May 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet May 12-13, 2011, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in the Jefferson III rooms. The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday evening, May 11, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. The meeting will convene at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 12th, for consideration of Preliminary Business, Program Approval, Licensure, Professional Practices, Commission Business and administrative rule proposals.
On Friday, May 13, the full Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases and other legal matters. Immediately following, the Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
* NES Elementary, ESOL and Technology Essential Academic Skills
* Special Education Program Approval for Willamette University, Southern Oregon University, Pacific University and Concordia University
* Portland State University School Social Worker
* Division 017 Updates
* Report on English Language Learner Collaborative
* ETS New Tests for Implementation May 2011
* License of Conditional Assignment
* Proposed Changes to Administrator License
* Continuing Administrator Renewal
* Professional Practices Backlog Report
* Change in Procedures to Issue Licenses Under Investigation
* Procedures for Application for Reinstatement of Revoked License
* Unpaid Child Support Suspensions
* Adoption of Default Orders
* Budget / Legislative Issues
* Summer Meeting Format
* Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5, take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
| ||Archived: May 15, 2011 [MH:448-1]|| |