| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet July 20-22, 2011
||Released: Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet July 20-22, 2011, at the University of Portland, School of Education, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd, Portland OR in the Buckley Center, Room 163. The Executive Committee will meet on Tuesday, July 19, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at residence of Vickie Chamberlain. The full Commission will convene at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 20th, for Commission training on the history of licensure and program review. In the afternoon, the Commission will meet in separate committee meetings to discuss items which will be referred to the full Commission on Thursday.
On Thursday, July 21, the Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. for training on the effects of chemical dependency, consideration of Commission Business, a public hearing on administrative rules, issues before the Professional Practices, Program Approval and Licensure committees and administrative rule proposals.
On Friday, July 22, the full Commission will reconvene at 9:00 a.m. in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases and other legal matters. Immediately following, the Commission will then convene in public session for full Commission consideration of discipline issues.
Business will include:
* Eastern Oregon University Special Education Program Proposal
* Eastern Oregon University ESOL Program Modification
* Portland State University School Social Worker Program
* Lewis and Clark College Program Review Reports
* University of Portland Program Review Reports
* Technology Proposal from Universities
* Proposed Changes to School Counselor Standards
* Transition to World Language Programs
* Division 10, 17 and 18 Proposed Rules, Handbooks and Procedures
* Pacific University Marketing Endorsement (High School Level)
* Public Hearing on License of Conditional Assignment
* Consider Late Fee Waivers for Lapsed Licenses (Initial I only)
* Review Continuing School Psychologist Licensure Program
* Continuing Professional Development Rules
* Continuing Administrator Licensure Timelines
* Alternative Path for Master's in Social Work Licensees to School Social Worker
* School Counseling and School Psychology Licensure
* Licensure Authorizations (Issues)
* CTE Licensure (Transition Issues)
* Warner Pacific University
* Report on Teacher Performance Assessment Opportunity
* Report on State Consortium for Educator Effectiveness
* CAEP/Report on NCATE Blue Ribbon Alliance
* Report on ELL Collaborative
* Report on Joint Work with Autism Commission
* Report on Reproval Process
* Report on Annual Disciplinary Lists
* Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda containing the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND
For directions to the University of Portland campus and a campus map, please click on the following link: http://www.up.edu/dir/default.aspx?cid=8307&pid=3475
| ||Archived: July 23, 2011 [MH:457-1]|| |