| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet April 26-27, 2012
||Released: Monday, April 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM
| ||* TSPC will meet April 26-27, 2012|
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet April 26-27, 2012, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in their Mountain Rooms. Ample free parking is available in their parking lot. You can access the hotel's web site at: http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator/HotelOverview.aspx?metaID=42.
The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the TSPC Conference room, 250 Division Street NE, Salem OR, 97301. The full Commission will convene at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 26, for consideration of Preliminary Business, Committee Assignments/Expectations, Commission Business, Program Approval issues, Licensure issues, Professional Practices issues, and administrative rule proposals.
The full Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, April 27th, in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases and other legal matters. Adoption of any disciplinary order will then be considered by the full Commission in public session.
Business will include:
* Agency Revenue Projections and Budget Issues
* 2013-2015 Budget Proposal
* 2013 Possible Legislative Concepts
* Autism Competencies/Specialization
* Waiver of Basic Skills Tests and Test Mixing/Matching
* Licensure Redesign Issues and Process
* Concordia University Master in Education
* READ Oregon Program Review
* School Counselor Standards
* Report on TSPC Assessment Workshop
* Candidate and Employer Survey Update
* ELL Workgroup Update
* Pacific University Undergraduate Special Education Program Proposal
* University of Oregon World Language in Chinese Program Approval
* Math Endorsement for Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers
* Continuing Professional Development Updated Rules / Implementation Plan
* SB 250 ESD Superintendent Certification Work Group Update
* Review of New Highly Qualified Letters
* Professional Educational Experience Report (PEER) Form
* Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your ownOnline Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5:
Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
| ||Archived: May 15, 2012 [MH:475-1]|| |