| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC will meet November 1-2, 2012
||Released: Friday, October 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet November 1-2, 2012, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in their Mountain Rooms. Ample free parking is available in their parking lot. You can access the hotel's web site at: http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator/HotelOverview.aspx?metaID=42.
The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday, October 31, 2012, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Newport Seafood & Grill, 1717 Freeway Court, Salem, OR. The full Commission will convene at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 1, for consideration of Preliminary Business, Licensure Redesign Report, Licensure issues, Program Approval issues, Professional Practices issues, Commission Business, and administrative rule proposals.
Information for each of the agenda items is being added to the Web as it becomes available. Please check back regularly if no information is currently posted for a specific agenda item.
The full Commission will reconvene at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 2, in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases and other legal matters. Adoption of any disciplinary order will then be considered by the full Commission in public session.
Business will include:
* Alternative Assessment Repeal
* Eliminating Basic Skills Coursework Transition Plan
* Elementary Math Specialist
* Continuing Professional Development Rule Follow-up
* Report on Restricted Licenses and Emergency Licenses
* Highly Qualified Collaboration with ODE
* Teacher of Record "Definition"
* Aligning Licensure with Highly Qualified
* Test Scores for New World Language Tests (NES)
* Salem/Keizer Continuing School Counseling
* Lewis & Clark Site Visit Report
* Willamette University Add Chinese/Drop Latin
* WOU Autism Specialist Program Approval
* George Fox University New Special Education Endorsement
* NCATE/CAEP Issues
* Work Sample Workgroup/edTPA Pilot Report
* Budget Update and Personnel Actions
* TSPC/ODE Interagency Agreement
* Report on Iron Data/NIC Web Services
* State Consortium for Educator Equity (SCEE) Report
* Report on Enterprise Security Policy Development
* Commission Meeting Dates for 2013-2014
* Elections for Chair, Vice-chair and Executive Committee
* Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own <Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5:
Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
| ||Archived: November 15, 2012 [MH:484-1]|| |