| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| Licensure Redesign Committee meeting - April 8, 2013
||Released: Friday, March 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM
The TSPC Licensure Redesign Committee will meet on Monday, April 8, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators (COSA), 707 13th Street SE, Suite 100, Salem OR. An agenda will be published on or about April 1, 2013.
TSPC is embarking on a substantial licensure redesign effort. The Commission has named the following members to the Committee:
* Bob Sconce, past Commission chair, Committee Chair
* Gary Humphries, past Commissioner and past Chair of Licensure Committee
* Mark Girod, Commissioner (Western Oregon University)
* Teresa Ferrer, Oregon Education Association
* Melissa Sass, Oregon Education Association
* Randy Hitz, Oregon Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (Public - PSU)
* Sharon Chinn, Oregon Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (Private L&C)
* Holly Lekas, Confederation of Oregon School Administrators (Beaverton)
* Chuck White, Oregon School Personnel Association
* Joe Wehrli, Oregon School Board Association
* Heidi Sipe, Commissioner Member at Large
* Janet Bubl, ODE, Member at Large
* Jan Carpenter, Middle-Level Consortium, Member at Large (Marylhurst)
* Kathleen Sundell, Commissioner
* Shirley Blanchard, Commissioner
* Karen Marrongelle, Oregon University Systems
* Colin Cameron, Confederation of Oregon School Administrators
* Hilda Rosselli, OEIB
* Lindsay Capps, Oregon Education Association
* Victoria Chamberlain, TSPC Executive Director
Staff: Keith Menk, TSPC Deputy Director, Heidi Reinhardt, TSPC Evaluator, Stephanie Long, Public Service Representative
The Licensure Redesign Committee was appointed by the Commission to review current TSPC licensure and evaluate whether educator licensure aligns with the current needs of Oregon's p-20 students and the over-all state education system. Proposals will be submitted to the Commission for review and possible adoption.
Interested observers are asked to contact Melody Hanson at: (503) 373-1260 as space is limited.
Data Classification Level - 1 Published
March 22, 2013
| ||Archived: April 15, 2013 [MH:492-1]|| |