| News Release
|The following is a news release from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Commission. If there are more details that we can provide for you, please feel free to contact us (see Contact Us).
| TSPC agenda for April 25-26, 2013
||Released: Friday, April 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission will meet April 25-26, 2013, at the Red Lion Hotel & Convention Center, 3301 Market Street NE, Salem OR 97301 in the Mountain Rooms. Ample free parking is available in their parking lot. You can access the hotel's web site at: http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator/HotelOverview.aspx?metaID=42.
The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Newport Seafood Grill, 1717 Freeway Court, Salem OR 97303. The full Commission will convene at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 25, for consideration of Preliminary Business, Licensure Redesign Committee Report, Licensure issues, Program Approval issues, Commission business, and administrative rule proposals.
The full Commission will reconvene at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, April 26th, in Executive Session (non-public) to consider disciplinary cases and other legal matters. Adoption of any disciplinary order will then be considered by the full Commission in public session.
Information for each of the agenda items is being added to the Web as it becomes available. Please check back regularly if no information is currently posted for a specific agenda item.
Business will include:
* Licensure Redesign Committee Meetings Report
* Continuing Professional Development Implementation Clarification
* Report on ESD CPD Approval Proposal
* Basic Skills Testing Date Certain Issues
* Licensure for Conditional Assignment
* International Visiting Teacher License Proposed Amendments
* Online Teachers of Record Issues
* School Nurse Coursework Proposal
* Immersion Teaching Licensure and Preparation Issues
* Attestation of Fitness
* Lewis & Clark College Site Visit Report
* CAEP State Partnership Agreement
* Northwest Christian Med Focus Visit
* Southern Oregon University Autism Specialist Program (New Program Proposal)
* Portland State University School Counseling Program
* Oregon State University School Counseling Program
* Teacher Work Sample Development Timelines
* Oregon Title II Report for 2012
* Legislative Update
* Going Paperless
* Report on Ethnicity and Employment Data
* SCEE Summit Report
* Administrative Rule Proposals, Adoptions and Reports
The agenda contains the entire list of topics to be considered. You may subscribe for free email notification of future meetings by creating your own Online Service Account. You may also review the agenda and materials from past meetings on our Web site.
DIRECTIONS TO THE RED LION HOTEL SALEM
From Interstate 5:
Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Red Lion Hotel Salem
3301 Market Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Data Classification Level: 1 -- Published
| ||Archived: May 31, 2013 [MH:496-1]|| |